Stephen Montgomery-Smith wrote:

I saw an email that suggested that the problem is that the epm that comes bundled with the openoffice source has a problem with argument lines that are too long.

Changing the name of the ports directory to /usr/p fixed it for me.

Thanks, Thanks, Thanks and Thanks again!!!!
Changing my WRKDIRPREFIX (which was very long) to "/t", let me finally compile the latest OpenOffice-2.0.

This is obviously a bug in the sources themselves, but it's something we can live with. However, I think at least it should be mentioned somewhere, maybe some ECHO_MSG in a pre-everything: in the Makefile. It would have saved me several months and compilation retries.

 bye & Thanks
        av.