I had them set, but in lower case - $http_proxy and $ftp_proxy. wget
doesn't have a problem with that.
More precisely (applogies for not specifying in the first place) the
problem was retrieving files from FTP hosts. HTTP sites were fine.

On 6/7/06, Toni Schmidbauer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
At Wed, 7 Jun 2006 09:38:36 -0400,
Michael S wrote:
> I have a portupgrade related question. I am behind a proxy and fetch
> doesn't appear to cope with it very well. I installed wget and it
> works great. I updated the pkgtools.conf to reflect that, however
> portupgrade insists on using fetch for some reason. At first I thought
> that portupgrade ignored its configuration file, however once or twice
> I misstyped something and it did catch it.

did your set HTTP_PROXY and FTP_PROXY in your shell environment?

see fetch(3).

hth,
toni
--
If you understand what you're doing, you're | toni at stderror dot at
not learning anything.                      | Toni Schmidbauer