On 6/7/06, Olivier Nicole <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> How can I simulate a cron job from the shell? There must be something
> different about the way cron is executing this command...

Counld be different environment variables set, different working
directory...

That's what I'm trying to find out. The cron man pages are ... empty
on the subject.

Any diagnostic when it hangs?

Not that I can tell. It runs on schedule but it never clears it's
locks (which it puts on files at is edits them) as it is supposed to;
and it does when run from the shell.

So it truth, it's not so much that it "hangs", it does terminate, but
it doesn't honor it's lock time-outs like it does when run outside of
cron.

Perfection is just a word I use occasionally with mustard.
--Atom Powers--