Hi,

I'm involved with a museum which has a standalone interactive kiosk. The system runs an Apache2 server with PHP and MySQL on Windows XP. The problem is that Windows XP keeps becoming corrupted as a result of the machine being switched on and off at random (by staff, kids etc.).

Currently, the museum management is very open to switching to FreeBSD or similar - provided I can *completely* bulletproof the box against arbitrary power-cycling (I can't always be there to manually run fsck etc.).

I'd welcome any advice and suggestions about how to do this. Currently the information on the system is updated in situ so the file systems can't be made read only (any ideas on how we could split the updating from the deployment welcome). We also need to find a way of turning firefox into a kiosk browser.

Regards,

drseuk

 --

[EMAIL PROTECTED]