Hello;
I'm interested in setting up midi and sound recording gear on a Linux system. There is a program I'm interested in getting installed and using called Rosegarden. I also have to contend with the availability of Linux compatible midi interfaces (which is a blurred subject as far as my research into availability is concerned) My question to the FreeBSD mailing list is: if I use FreeBSD with its Linux compatibility, how do I deal with drivers (for midi inter faces, for instance) and installation. Is there an area of ports for Linux software, specifically Rosegarden or something that will do audio recording, midi sequencing, audio/midi sync, and has a good score editor that
will print sheet music?
I would be using it on AMD 64 slot 939 FreeBSD v 6.0 Release.
(commercial boxed set of cd's from FreeBSD Mall).
I'm interested in this because my other option is to set up a
machine with Debian and some Debian midi specific software.
But I can't afford to build or buy another machine at present.
I want to avoid dual boot if I can.
One extra question re nvnet driver. I had trouble installing and using it and a response to a query to this list indicated that the port was broken.
Can anyone tell me if it has been fixed?
Thanks in advance:
JK