Matt Gostick writes:
> Hello,
>
>   I got an Archos Jukebox Studio 20 for Christmas, and want to hook it
> up to my FreeBSD box.  It's uses a usb cable for data transfer, and I've
> never had to use usb on FreeBSD before.  I've done some research and the
> best page I could find with instructions was
> http://www.stalker.org/~sean/freebsd-p2040/... but the kernel config and
> supplied archos.sh script doesn't work for me.  I'm a little behind when
> it comes to usb...  is that what firewire is?
>
>   On his page it says to compile firewire, sbp, scbus, da and umass.
> I'm cvsup'ed to 4.7 stable from release and did what he said.  When I
> try and 'mount -t msdos /dev/da0s1 /archos'  I get 'Device not
> configured'.
>
>   Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  Could you reply to my email
> address as well as the list please b/c I'm not subscribed.

I have an Archos Jukebox Recorder and can use it with no problem.
I would expect the Studio to work very similarly. However, I always
plug it in _after_ the kernel comes up so that it's guaranteed to be
recognized. I've never tried booting my box with the Archos already
plugged in.

I use this to mount it:

mount -t msdos -o longnames /dev/da0s1 /mnt

Otherwie your boot message and kernel config file looks very similar
to what I see.

BTW my computer only has USB 1.0 and I'm running -stable.

---
Gary Jennejohn / [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED]