On  10 Jun 2006, at 11:45 AM, julien Chaffraix wrote:

Hello,

I have made the same configuration (Debian and FreeBSD). I used Grub and it works very well, here is the entry in menu.lst:
I'll tell you which of these were different and why...

title           FreeBSD
root            (hd0,0)
Odd, I had to specify the slice (the a in "root (hd0,0,a)")
makeactive
I don't think this is necessary.
chainloader +1
Well, this is a different way to do it, usually this is used with Microsuck products... but I suppose it'd work here too.
savedefault
A handy feature, but I don't use it.
boot

(It is strange that the entry is not the same as the previous answer !?)

I also implemented the swap 's sharing as it is presented in the mini-howto Linux-FreeBSD (http://www.faqs.org/docs/Linux-mini/Linux +FreeBSD.html). The howto is a bit old but you can follow it.
Glad you got everything working.

Cheers,

Julien

Hunter Fuller wrote:
Grub does well for me. Set it up for Linux and then set it up for BSD, making sure the UFS driver's in there. Here's my command-list for booting FBSD.

root (hd0,0,a)
kernel /boot/loader
boot

I might have the spacing wrong, I'm doing it from memory, but the data's all there.