Em Dom, 2006-06-11 às 12:55 -0400, Kris Kennaway escreveu:
> On Sun, Jun 11, 2006 at 11:21:43AM +0100, Soo-Hyun Choi wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I accidently deleted /lib/libm.so.4 and /lib/libc.so.6 on my FreeBSD
> > 6.1 RELEASE systsem. After this, even 'ls' command is not working.
> > Is there any possibility that I can restore the system?
> You can use the tools in /rescue to help recover from a backup
> copy..if you don't have a backup copy accessible then you may have to
1) boot from install cd (cd1)
2) choose rescue
3) wait for the system to boot with the / filesystem on the CD (or
4) fsck -y /dev/ad0s1a (or the root filesystem in the hd...)
5) mount /dev/ad0s1a /mnt (mount the hd filesystem....)
6) cd /
7) tar cf - lib | tar xvf - -C /mnt (this will restore all the libs you
needed from the distribution CD)
8) fastboot (reboot the system..., should work.)...
email@example.com mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"