Kyrre Nygard wrote:
I'm curious whether there's a tool out there that will scan through
audio files looking for patterns that resemble skips and other nonos
in the world of music.

I have MD5 checksums for all my MP3 files, but that doesn't
guarantee that they were fine before the checksums were generated.

Sort of...GraceNote and a few other companies ("Shazam", seems to be from India?) sell a service where music files can be fingerprinted and identified. Good audio files ought to ID as what they are; bad music files with skips or garbage will fail to ID.

--
-Chuck