On Jun 14, 2006, at 3:10 PM, Jeff D. Hamann wrote:

I'm sure this is a very RTFM question, but I'm getting a little lost in the minutae about just exactly what I'm looking for.

I've got an "old" freebsd 4.4 system (single hard disk) and a new server with 6.0 installed. The new system is working just fine and I would like to install the disk from the old server as a data disk in the new machine for a little while until I can kick it loose and use it for new data. What am I looking for becuase each time I try to search the internet for the question, i get results about adding brand new disks, adding swap space or converting filesystems...

I'm thinking I can simply plug in the older drive, find out what partition it's been named and then count it like I would any other mount point, provided I create the infrustructure to do that (creat mount point, fstab, etc.)

Is it that simple, or should I be afaid, very afraid...

Sounds like a plan to me.  I've done that  before

Chad

Thanks,
Jeff.

--