On 6/15/06, DSA - JCR <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I am installing a new and all Freebsd system (no other OS in it). The goal
is to have a NFS for a network that has 2x200Gb in RAID 1 disks for data.
It has 3 disks:
- 80Gb Seagate IDE for FreeBSD OS alone
- 2xSATA Seagate 200Gb disks in RAID 1 with the ICH7R motherboard chipset
configured SATA II.
and 1 CD-RW.
The BIOS has 3 IDE plugs and 4 SATA.
I install from the CD FreeBSD 6.1 May 2006 (I've tried "i386" and
"amd64", because is a EM64T 6xx)
In sysinstall appears:
- ad0 => HD 80GB (for FreeBSD OS at complete)
- ad12 => oine of the SATA HD I think
- ad8 => The other SATA HD I think
- ar0 => ??????????????? (I suppose this is the RAID isnt'it?)
What must I do?
- Make filesystem for the 3 (ad12, ad8, ar0)?
- Make only for ar0?
Make only for ar0, but I'd look into why the devices are showing up as
ad8 and ad12.
BSD Podcasts @:
firstname.lastname@example.org mailing list
To unsubscribe, send any mail to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"