NMI means a non-maskable interupt. So this would be a hardware component generating this.

        -Derek

At 06:33 AM 6/15/2006, D G Teed wrote:
Hi,

A server spontaneously rebooted last night.
I don't see why.  The last item in the messages
file prior to reboot was:

Jun 15 01:40:39 machinename /kernel: NMI ISA 24, EISA ff

There is nothing atypical in the messages log prior to that.

The server is running fine again now.

Does that message point to a hardware issue?
I see no mention of NMI in messages files on a
couple of other BSD boxes.

--Donald

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.