On Jun 15, 2006, at 2:25 PM, Paul Marciano wrote:
For larger packets (e.g. 700 bytes) I am getting
100Mbps throughput port to port.

For min-size packets (64 bytes) I am only seeing
around 60Mbps.  Increasing HZ and the polling
parameters does not help.

You should be aware that the minimum 64-byte packet size does not count the 8-byte ethernet frame preamble (well, 7 bytes of preamble and 1 byte called the "start frame delimiter"), which means that you'll only be able to get a theoretical maximum of about 87 Mbps of packet data through at the 64-byte packet size.

--
-Chuck