On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 01:59:01PM -0500, J.D. Bronson wrote:
> For example...moving a 50MB file:
>
> 'keep state' = 11-12MB/sec over 100MB-FDX
> 'modulate state = 6-7MB/sec over 100MB-FDX
>
> ..it took me a while to determine the culprit here - but I am curious
> as to why this is the case?

Since modulate state substitues its own high quality random sequence for
the TCP stream in both directions, a wimpy CPU or similar problem could
easily cause this, I think. Still, I'm surprised to see a 50% hit from
using modulate state.

[EMAIL PROTECTED]   |  http://bsd.phoenix.az.us/
http://www.stilyagin.com/  |