You can get the source code at any time with cvsup, which is availible
through ports. check out

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/cvsup.html

On 6/16/06, Mayo, Richard A RDECOM CERDEC STCD SRI
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
I installed FreeBSD on a couple of computers without installing any source
code.  Now (naturally), I want to get a hold of the kernel source so I can
re-compile and enable support for PIM and Multicast Routing.

However, I can't figure how to get the source off my CDs.  I downloaded the
ISO's for Disk 1 and Disk 2 of FreeBSD 6.1--RELEASE.
Can anybody tell me where I can find the source code on these disks so I don't
have to run a re-installation just to get it??

Thanks,

Rich Mayo