> On Fri, Jun 16, 2006 at 09:39:27PM +0200, K?vesd?n G?bor wrote:
> > Tuc wrote:
> > >Hi,
> > >
> > >     I recently upgraded from 5.4 to 5.5, and now if I leave it in X for=
> > >few minutes it ends up locking up, usually when the screen blanks on
> > >its own. I wanted to go backwards to see if that behaviour goes away.
> > >
> > >     I wasn't sure if there was a risk doing this.
> > >
> > >Thanks, Tuc
> > >
> > > =20
> > Have you tried recompiling X? That might help. Take a look at=20
> > sysutils/portupgrade, if you haven't used that before. I think going=20
> > backward is unwise, there must be a better way.
>
> Also make sure you recompile any kernel modules you might be using.
> The most likely one would be the nvidia driver.

        I had upgraded the nvidia one at the same time since I knew it
needed to be rebuilt. The 2nd step to resolve this is to portdowngrade
to the previous version, still no luck. Just for shites and giggles I
built world and am letting it run for a while. Next step is recompile X.
After that, it unless I get any more suggestions, it'll be go back to 5.4 .

        Thanks for the suggestions guys, I guess I was jumping to conclusions
too quick.

                Thanks, Tuc