Thanks for the reply, I am seeing the profile manager when I try to
open a second instance of Mozilla.  I cant open another instance
until I create another profile.  I understand that these profiles
can
be useful, but they can also be a sole reason not to use Mozilla.
If it is just you, maybe what you are looking for is Ctrl-N
(New window) or (even better) Ctrl-T (new Tab)  ;-)

The mozilla port installs a wrapper script at
/usr/X11R6/bin/mozilla that only launches mozilla the first time it
is
called, and after that passes commands to the running instance.
Hmm... yup. I am pretty sure that is what I am using.
I updated to 1.1 soon after it came out, maybe I should try the
latest version of the port. Thanks.