On Jun 15, 2006, at 6:16 AM, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

Joe Auty wrote:

On Jun 14, 2006, at 1:10 PM, Alex Zbyslaw wrote:

And one which may spew quite a lot. Cut it off if it gets to printing help.

$ python -v /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner

jauty# python -v /usr/local/mailman/bin/qrunner
[...snip...]
# /usr/local/lib/python2.4/getopt.pyc matches /usr/local/lib/ python2.4/getopt.py
import getopt # precompiled from /usr/local/lib/python2.4/getopt.pyc
# /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.pyc matches /usr/local/mailman/bin/ paths.py
import paths # precompiled from /usr/local/mailman/bin/paths.pyc
[...snip...]

OK, you just ran qrunner successfully without getting the error you were getting earlier about getopt. Doesn't matter that all you got was help, it found *everything* that it tried to import.

I missed the start of this thread. How did you run qrunner to get your earlier error and where did the error appear? I think you said the rc script. If it's not too big can you post it? Or compare it against your working mailman?

My Mailman rc script (exactly identical to the one on my working machine):

. /etc/rc.subr

name="mailman"
rcvar=${name}_enable

pidfile="/usr/local/mailman/data/master-qrunner.pid"

load_rc_config $name

: ${mailman_enable="NO"}

start_cmd=${name}_start
stop_cmd=${name}_stop
extra_commands="reload"

mailman_start() {
        /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -s -q start
}

mailman_stop() {
        /usr/local/mailman/bin/mailmanctl -q stop
}

run_rc_command "$1"