Ensel Sharon wrote:
I did all my due diligence, I contacted freebsd-fs and _made sure_ that
even though the 2820sa is not listed by name in the HCL, that I could take
a 6.1-RELEASE cd and install freebsd on a 2820sa.

I was _assured_ that these cards are supported in 6.1-RELEASE, that all is
well, and I could install and that was that.

No, you were not assured, at least not by when we discussed this last week. I told you that I personally did not guarantee that it worked, only that I had heard reports that it did.

You have two variables here.  One is that it's an array that is larger
than what the aac driver has supported in the past.  Second is that it's
RAID-6.  Both of these variables should be handled by the aac driver
update that happened last year, but again, I couldn't validate it, so I
can only go with the reports of others.

As others suggested, you need to experiment with simplier configurations. This will help us identify the cause and hopefully implement a fix. No one is asking you to throw away money or resources.
Since you've already done the simple test with a single drive, could you
do the following two tests:

1.  RAID-5, full size (whatever >2TB value you were talking about).
2.  RAID-6, <2TB.

From there, I'll figure out what needs to be done to get it fully working for you.

Scott