On Mon, Jun 19, 2006, DSA - JCR wrote:
>Hi all
>
>I am mounting a NFS server (FreeBSD 6.1 "amd64") for a MS Windows Network
>for a customer and I see that I can not see the NFS server from windows
>boxes.
>
>Must I install Samba for that? or anything in the MS Windows boxes?
>I thougth that Windows understand NFS but seems to be not.

AFAIK Windows requires additional software to access NFS file
systems.  Samba makes directories available to Windows' native
networking so requires no additional software on Windows.

Bill

``People from East Germany have found the West so confusing. It's so much
easier when you have only one party.'' -- Linus Torvalde, Linux Expo Canada
when asked about confusion over many Linux distributions.