Jim Pazarena wrote:
does anyone have any recent how-to pages on setting
up openwebmail on FreeBSD?

a google shows lots of Linux stuff, most referring back to
Openwebmail website, but FreeBSD setup is virtually non-existent.
Why not just setup the mail/openwebmail port in a test-environment and go from there?

I would, personally, not call myself anything near "knowledgeable" in FreeBSD, but I have _never_ stumbled upon a piece of software which I had to spend more than a few hours to setup and get working properly with sane configuration, even if I had to read the documentation.

So, don't worry, OpenWebmail should be working fine in FreeBSD. Seing as this is an application which interacts with Apache, and not the OS itself, everything should be nearly the same as on a Linux system.