Lowell Gilbert wrote:
"Mayo, Richard A RDECOM CERDEC STCD SRI" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
writes:

I installed FreeBSD on a couple of computers without installing any source
code.  Now (naturally), I want to get a hold of the kernel source so I can
re-compile and enable support for PIM and Multicast Routing.

However, I can't figure how to get the source off my CDs.  I downloaded the
ISO's for Disk 1 and Disk 2 of FreeBSD 6.1--RELEASE.
Can anybody tell me where I can find the source code on these disks so I don't
have to run a re-installation just to get it??

You can run sysinstall without doing an install.
If you really want to extract the source directly with tar, it's been
explained on this list a number of times over the years.

Or get more up-to-date sources by cvsup, as someone else suggested.

Or even better install the source from the CD then cvsup, save a lot of time and bandwidth :D