On Tue, 20 Jun 2006, Michael P. Soulier wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Is SMP enabled in the GENERIC kernel? I have a hyperthreading box, and on
> Linux it shows up with two cpus. When I do a top on the box in FreeBSD I still
> see only one CPU. Also, sysctl -a | grep cpu only shows a dev.cpu.0.

Hi Mike,

If you have the kernel source code installed, you can read
/usr/src/sys/<arch>/conf/GENERIC, to see what options are in the GENERIC
kernel. I'm pretty sure that most FreeBSD releases don't have the SMP
option in the generic kernel, but I haven't used them all, so I can't be
sure. :)

HTH,
        -Andy.