Hello,

Has anyone out there successfully done an online expansion of a RAID array in FreeBSD? How is it done and with what hardware did it work? From what I can gather, it's not possible. Aside from the fact that fdisk(8) says "Editing an existing slice will most likely result in the loss of all data in that slice", growfs(8) says it cannot enlarge a mounted filesystem. disklabel seems to be okay with making live changes, but I haven't tested it.

Is there any way to do this in FreeBSD or is Linux+LVM the way to go?

Thanks,
Josh