On 6/21/06, Jordi Pavon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

   >On 2006-06-21 13:23, Jordi Pavon wrote:
   > >
   > >   Hi, this is my first time I customize my kernel.
   > >
   > >   I'm working with Freebsd 6.0, I made a make buildkernel
   > >   KERNELCONF=ALBABRAIN, and I get this error:
   > >   "...
   > >   cc -c -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls [...]
   > >   -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath
   > >   -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/freebsd
   -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ngatm
   > >   -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h -fno-common -finline-limit=15000
   > >   -fno-strict-aliasing  -mno-align-long-strings
   > >   -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -ffreestanding -Werror  vers.c
   > >   linking kernel
   > >   *** Error code 1
   > >   Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALBABRAIN.
   > >   *** Error code 1
   > >   Stop in /usr/src.
   > >   *** Error code 1
   > >   Stop in /usr/src.
   > >   "
   > >   Any help will be apreciated!!
   >
   >This is not the verbatim, unedited log and it is missing the error
   >message.  You are not building with -j2 or higher, right?

   Yes, you're right I'm not building with -j2 or higher, I just write
   "make buildkernel  KERNELCONF=ALBABRAIN"

   This is the last 3 lines :

   cc -c -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -Wall -Wredundant-decls
   -Wnested-externs -Wstrict-prototypes  -Wmissing-prototypes
   -Wpointer-arith -Winline -Wcast-qual  -fformat-extensions
   -std=c99  -nostdinc -I-  -I. -I/usr/src/sys
   -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/acpica -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ipfilter
   -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/dev/ath/freebsd
   -I/usr/src/sys/contrib/ngatm -D_KERNEL -include opt_global.h
   -fno-common -finline-limit=15000
   -fno-strict-aliasing  -mno-align-long-strings
   -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -ffreestanding -Werror  vers.c
   linking kernel
   *** Error code 1
   Stop in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ALBABRAIN.
   *** Error code 1
   Stop in /usr/src.
   *** Error code 1
   Stop in /usr/src.

   > >   This is my customized Kernel "ALBABRAIN":
   > >   "
   > >   machine  i386
   > >   cpu  I686_CPU
   > >   ident  ALBABRAIN
   > >   options  SCHED_4BSD  #4BSD scheduler
   > >   options  INET   #InterNETworking
   >[...]
   >
   >Your mailer or something else that handled this message has changed
   this
   >configuration file too much to make a comparison with GENERIC
   easy.  Can
   >you attach a text/plain MIME version of the configuration file,
   please?

   >- Giorgos

   The configuration File is attached, sorry for the Hotmail editor.

You should be using a kernel override config file thingy (I don't know
it's real name). check out the SMP kernel config file for an example.
Also post a copy of /etc/make.conf... "cc -c -O -pipe
-mcpu=pentiumpro"... it looks like you have some non-standard stuff in
make.conf.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/