On Jun 21, 2006, at 4:59 PM, Mark wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: dinsdag 20 juni 2006 2:53
To: 'FreeBSD-Questions Questions'
Subject: RE: Does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE support the Intel
PWLA8391GT NIC?

-----Original Message-----
From: Björn König [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: maandag 19 juni 2006 8:11
To: Mark
Cc: 'FreeBSD-Questions Questions'
PWLA8391GT NIC?

Mark schrieb:
A similar question as before: does FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE
support the Intel PWLA8391GT NIC card?

According to Google this card is also known as Intel
PRO/1000. It should work with the em(4) driver.

Hmm, I tried it, but the card is not recognized. :( The kernel was compiled
(and installed) with:

device    em    # Intel PRO/1000 adapter Gigabit Ethernet Card

Needless to say, I'm disappointed. :( Any way to solve this?

I am not a guru at this, but look at the pci ids etc for this in the boot dmesg and then look at the source for this driver and see if some pci ids or something need to be added. Again, I am not an expert at this but did do something similar once for a raid controller to backport it to an earlier version of FBSD some time ago and did the same sort of thing on Solaris 10 to get the LSI SATA-4 150 raid card to work with the amr driver.

Chad

---
Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC
Your Web App and Email hosting provider