On 6/21/06, Gary Kline <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

        I would probably save weeks trying to turn FBSD into the kind of
        "Desktop" or window-manager platform I want by just using my
        Ubuntu platform.

        I'm still stickng
        with CTWM.  On my Ubuntu servers there is amarak(sp?) which is
        my favorite audio-only apps so far.  Is there anything like this
        that doesn't require desktop-specific libraries?

cplay!!! http://mask.tf.hut.fi/~flu/hacks/cplay/ It's in ports under
audio/cplay. cplay is just a, python based, curses front-end so you
will also need to install a back-end (ogg123, splay, mpg123, mpg321,
madplay, mikmod, xmp, or sox), I recommend splay.

I've attached the default .cplayrc config file, copy it to your home
directory if the port doesn't automatically install it (I don't think
it does)... and read the man page for cplay.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/