Michael Collette wrote:

I don't have any bias towards either company. My focus is spending my money on what will actually work. Starting to feel like I'll be looking at the Pentium-D processors. I've got a laptop with a dual core Pentium and it works pretty sweet.

AMD 64bit processors work just fine in i386 mode and dollar for dollar will outperform Intel and run cooler and use less power.

There is no need to discount AMD just because you don't want to run 64 bit version. No, I don't work for AMD, I just recognise a better product. <ducks for cover>

--Alex, my 2 pence