On Thu, 22 Jun 2006, Chad Leigh -- Shire.Net LLC wrote:

On Jun 22, 2006, at 11:55 AM, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

not only do I like the SAS drives (4 in a 1U rack so that I can use RAID1+0)

What drives are they? There is nothing in the SAS spec about drive dimensions so it seems you like your particular models of SAS drives

Ack, I thought it was a standard size thing, never even thought about it ... I ordered the drives from HP, with the server ...

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/servers/proliantstorage/drives-enclosures/index.html?jumpid=ex_hphqglobal_wwentsem/Proliant

I'm guessing what I got were the 2.5" form factor, vs the 3.5" ... and based on that same page, looks like I can get 2.5" SATA also ... i thought the 'small size' was a SAS feature :(

----