I'm finally getting annoyed enough to try to mess with fvwm2rc.

I had it working just the way I wanted, and then during a time I was
forced over to debian the package maintainer caused the config files to
be replaced wihtout asking.  And bit by bit, other things have stopped
working.

By poking and reding the partial documentation, I've gotten almost all
of it working.  What I *can't* get working is the alt-tab to rotatate
between windows.  As I'm reading the file, these lines (which have been
around forever) *should* be doing that:

# tough to live wihtout alt-tab and friends

Key Tab         A       M       Next [CurrentPage !iconic]
focus-and-raise
Key Tab         A       MS      Prev [CurrentPage !iconic]
focus-and-raise

Key F5          A       M       CirculateUp
Key F6          A       M       CirculateDown

but they don't.

Also, I was able to add the right-hand button for close by chaning to:

#   for the title bar buttons:
Mouse 0 1       A       Menu Window-Ops2 Close
Mouse 0 2       A       Close
Mouse 0 4       A       Maximize-Func
Mouse 0 6       A       Iconify

But that doesn't give it a "destroy" Icon.

I tried using the old debian lines

DestroyDecor default-decor
AddToDecor default-decor

+ HilightColor white steelblue
+ WindowFont -adobe-helvetica-bold-r-*-*-12-*
+ ButtonStyle Reset
+ ButtonStyle 2 Vector 16 20x20@1 30x20@1 50x40@1 70x20@1 80x20@1
80x30@0 60x50@0 80x80@0 70x80@0 50x60@0 30x80@0 20x80@0 20x70@0 40x50@1
20x30@0 20x20@1
+ ButtonStyle 4 Vector 5 25x25@1 25x75@1 75x75@0 75x25@0 25x25@1
+ ButtonStyle 6 Vector 2 80x76@0 20x76@1

But it chokes on the HilightColor line, and if I comment it out, I still
don't get the button labels.   I'm perfectly happy keeping th defaults,
but right now the "maximize" button destroys . . .

Finally, left and right buttons with alt aren't raising/lowering the
windows.  Shouldn't this section (part of system.fvwmrc) do that?

#   for other parts of the window/borders/icons:
Mouse 1 F       A       Resize-or-Raise
Mouse 1 TS      A       Move-or-Raise
Mouse 1 I       A       Move-or-Iconify
Mouse 2 I       A       Iconify
Mouse 2 FST     A       Menu Window-Ops2 Nop
Mouse 3 TSIF    A       RaiseLower

thanks

hawk

--
Richard E. Hawkins, Asst. Prof. of Economics    /"\   ASCII ribbon campaign
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Smeal 178  (814) 375-4700      \ /   against HTML mail