On 6/23/06, dw <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,

We are about to buy new Thinkpads (T60's), and will be running FreeBSD
5.5 or 6.2 (probably 6.2) on them.

The ones I've spec'd out have the the Intel Graphics Media Accelerator
950 as its video adapter -- does anybody have any input on these? Will
they work? I'd hate to have 7 new thinkpads show up and find out that we
can't run X because of this.

There are similar T60's available that ship w/ ATI Mobility Radeon X1300
cards, but they all seem to be heavier and shorter on battery life, and
the other folks here put battery life and weight as the #1 items on
their wish lists before I started to spec them out, so that leans me
towards the ones with the Intel graphics card.

This is what Google says:
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Intel_Graphics_Media_Accelerator_950

Looks like xorg does it all for you.

OTOH I remember my friend moaning about problems with
newer intel graphics and Solaris 10. I hope that's not relevant.