On Saturday 24 June 2006 13:11, vayu wrote:
> On Jun 24, 2006, at 9:41 AM, Gerard Seibert wrote:

//snip//

> I've had the hardest time understanding what pkgdb asks.  This is the
> only article I've found which makes some sense to me:
>
> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/bsd/2001/11/29/Big_Scary_Daemons.html?page=1

I once had a problem on FSBD 5.4 that was so bad that I finally used
portmanager to clean it up.

portmanager -u -f -y -l

That corrected everything. However, it did take a couple of days to rebuild
the entire system.

Ciao!

--
Gerard Seibert
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reporter, n.:
        A writer who guesses his way to the truth and dispels it with a
tempest of words.

        Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"