I'm currently weighing options ... my last two servers were HP Proliant, and I *really* like them, but I might have a line on a supplier in Panama that deals in Dell Servers and not HP ...

Looking at Dell's web site, the PowerEdge has an optional "Remote Access Controller" that will it *sounds* like will give me similar functionality as HPs iLO ...

But, I've heard bad things about their 'desktop offerings', and am not sure if that follows through to their "Servers" ...

So, I'm kinda looking for both good, and bad, experiences with the PowerEdge stuff ... anyone with opinions?

Thx ...

----