Tom Cruickshank wrote:
Hello,

Hello Tom,

    I'm hoping is the correct mailing list for this, if not, please feel
free to direct me to a more appriopriate one.

You are on the correct mailing list :-).
I have a box which I'm trying to run FreeBSD on. I can run FreeBSD 5.4 on it
without any problems, but if I try run
FreeBSD 6.0 or 6.1, at any point in time while the system is running (could
be on load up or when system is already loaded),
the computer just *freezes*. The only thing which can be done afterwards is
a cold reboot. I hav checked the /var/log/messages
file and haven't been able to find anything wrong.

Hardware specs:

Motherboard: A7N8X-X

The information you have provided is not complete. We would be requiring more information to understand what is going wrong. For a start can you show us a copy of dmesg and your kernel config file (if you are not running a GENERIC kernel).

Thanks and Best Regards
Subhro