I've already looked around and found that dd will work on cd's only if the bs=2k argument is present.

However, ive tried it both without (before knowing this) and with the argument, but I still cant pick up an image of the cd.

I know that this should work:

dd if=/dev/cd0 of=~/file.iso bs=2k

but it doesn't. I always get a

dd: /dev/acd0: Invalid argument
0+0 records in
0+0 records out
0 bytes transferred in 0.000225 secs (0 bytes/sec)

I'm on 6.1 releng by the way, and the cd im trying to dd is knoppix. My combo drive is a 'LITE-ON ' 'COMBO SOHC-5236V' 'R$09' Removable CD-ROM thats a slave on ide0. What else should I be looking at?

--
Migs
Registered Linux user # 381619, but has shifted to FreeBSD