Hello Lowell

Am Mon, Jun 26, 2006 at 08:25:34AM -0400 Lowell Gilbert schrieb:
> Martin Schweizer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > Since I updated 5.4R to 6.1R I get the following messages after reboot:
> >
> > [snip]
> > Starting sshd.
> > Starting cyrus_imapd.
> > Starting sendmail.
> > Starting cron.
> > Local package initialization: apcupsd.
> > Additional TCP options:.
> > Starting default moused:.
> > Starting inetd.
> > Starting background file system checks in 60 seconds.
> > /etc/rc: Cannot determine the PREFIX
> > Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:
> > #
> >
> > ... and I get no login prompt here. What is going wrong?
> >
> > I did the update like described in /usr/src/UPDATING:
> > [snip]
> >        To upgrade in-place from 5.x-stable or higher to 6.x-stable
> >         -----------------------------------------------------------
> >         <make sure you have good level 0 dumps>
> >         make buildworld                                 [9]
> >         make kernel KERNCONF=YOUR_KERNEL_HERE           [8]
> >                                                         [1]
> >         <reboot in single user>                         [3]
> >         mergemaster -p                                  [5]
> >         make installworld
> >         make delete-old
> >         mergemaster -i                                  [4]
> >         <reboot>
> > [snip]
>
> My best guess would be a mistake in the mergemaster portion, because I
> can't even find the message you're getting.  The system is going into
> single-user mode; use that to find the "Cannot determine the PREFIX"
> in the rc files, and install the latest version of whatever rc file
> that's in.

It's not single user mode because all services running well (sendmail, cyrus,
ftp etc.).
I will run mergmaster again asap.

--

Regards

Martin
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

PC-Service M. Schweizer GmbH; Bannholzstrasse 6; CH-8608 Bubikon
Tel. +41 55 243 30 00; Fax: +41 55 243 33 22; http://www.pc-service.ch;
public key : http://www.pc-service.ch/pgp/public_key.asc;
fingerprint: EC21 CA4D 5C78 BC2D 73B7  10F9 C1AE 1691 D30F D239;