I'm new to FreeBSD, but I've been reading alot in the
Handbook about building custom kernels and rebuilding
world, and still can't seem to find what I'm looking
for.

I want to be able to recompile my whole system so that
it's optimized for my hardware, but I'd rather not
track -Stable and have to rebuild a whole slew of
stuff every few days.

Can someone give me some advice (or point me to some
documentation) on recompiling the -Release6.1 and then
doing light maintenance (bug fixes, security updates)
afterwards?

Thanks,
Adam