Marc G. Fournier wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006, Francisco Reyes wrote:

Marc G. Fournier writes:

So, my question above, and a public call to -core, or anyone else:
   What can we, as a community, due to improve this situation?

How about buying from vendors that specifically support FreeBSD.
http://freebsdsystems.com
http://ixsystems.com

and surely others.

In my case, it comes down to two words: remote administration ... HP is the only system I've yet found that has it integrated as part of the hardware ...

Well, Dell do have a DRAC which at least allows remote console independent of OS - also remote CD/floppy so you can install BSD from 300 miles away (as long as you have a windows(!) machine with a CD/floppy locally).

Of course, their "OpenManage" software isn't, it's closed and only works on Linux/Windows.

--Alex