LC_MESSAGES="C"
LC_ALL=

>       alias | grep -i fet
>       alias | grep -i get
>       env | grep -i fet
>       env | grep -i get

These don't return anything.

>       file `which fetch`

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:~ 181:1# file `which fetch`
/usr/bin/fetch: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (FreeBSD),
dynamically linked (uses shared libs), stripped

>       grep fetch /etc/make.conf

Returns nothing.

> Are you able to use the ftp client manually and d-load the files?

I am unable to use fetch to download the packages over ftp, but wget works just
peachy over ftp.  I don't have any gui clients, but firefox seems to work
without a hitch as well.

> In a pinch, there are also some workarounds.  You could try "alias fetch
> wget -c", which might work.  Setting  'FETCH_CMD=/usr/local/bin/wget -c'
> in /etc/make.conf should definitely work around this issue.
>
> Sorry I'm not more help.

I'm currently in the process of rebuilding world to track 6 STABLE, in hopes
that it will do some good.  I'll give your workarounds a shot, it sure beats
manually grabbing packages.  Every little bit helps!

cmh
--
Christopher M. Hobbs
Systems Technician, City of Siloam Springs