Hello,
I have successfully installed FreeBSD 6.0 commercial boxed cds in 2 AMD64 machines. All ports and packages selected and all went well. but some other software that is not installed by default, like Apache, I couldn't get ports to install because the this particular machine was on an inside network. I need to know how to get ftp to use an ftp proxy (on another machine that has a direct connection). Since the machine in question is configured to be a server, I did'nt install the Xwindows softwares. So I need to know what to do with the command line (default csh for root). The other machine does have Xwindows installed so I can use the configuration apps to set it. I'm being a little lazy and not looking at Absolute FreeBSD nor the manual that can be obtained from the same source as the CD set. If a fast and simple suggestion isn't fast and simple tell me to go read the books (again). My bio-chemical buffer is getting a little cranky..
and clumsy.
Thanks in advance
JK