On 6/29/06, jekillen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello,
I have successfully installed FreeBSD 6.0 commercial boxed cds in 2
AMD64 machines. All ports and packages selected and all went well.
but some other software that is not installed by default, like Apache,
I couldn't get ports to install because the this particular machine
was on an inside network. I need to know how to get ftp to use an ftp
proxy (on another machine that has a direct connection).
Since the machine in question is configured to be a server, I did'nt
install the Xwindows softwares. So I need to know what to do with
the command line (default csh for root). The other machine does have
Xwindows installed so I can use the configuration apps to set it.
I'm being a little lazy and not looking at Absolute FreeBSD nor the
manual that can be obtained from the same source as the CD set.
If a fast and simple suggestion isn't fast and simple tell me to go
read the books (again). My bio-chemical buffer is getting a little
cranky..
and clumsy.
Thanks in advance
JK

I have my bsd box behind a proxy and this are my settings on .cshrc:

setenv  HTTP_PROXY "http://192.168.1.2:3128";
setenv  HTTP_PROXY_AUTH "basic:*:myuser:mypassword"

We are using squid + firewall and we have to add the rule OUT on the
firewall to let me connect to port 5999 check the Firewall section of
the handbook i think if you have a proxy you a firewall...?

  Greetings!!!