I'm running FreeBSD 6.1 release and after upgrading portupgrade using
portupgrade itself I'm getting this message (message bellow) or similar one
everytime I run one of the portupgrade commands like pkgdb -u or -F,
portversion -L = or portupgrade itself.  Tells me that the database needs to be
rebuild, I run portsdb -uU and I get this same error message (message bellow)
it rebuilds with portsdb -fuU but still get this same message.

Error Message:

[Updating the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db:
unexpected file type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding
the pkgdb <format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... [Updating the pkgdb
<format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file
type or format -- Invalid argument; rebuild needed] [Rebuilding the pkgdb
<format:bdb_btree> in /var/db/pkg ... /var/db/pkg/pkgdb.db: unexpected file
type or format -- Invalid argument: Cannot update the pkgdb!]: Cannot update
the pkgdb!]
Command failed [exit code 1]: /usr/local/sbin/pkgdb -aFQ

any clues on how to solve this?

Thanks.

EJC
www.only7bucks.com