On Jul 5, 2006, at 4:27 PM, Jacob Jennings wrote:
If I correct this unterminated comment in that file the compilation
will continue until another error concerning the same file occurs,
whose only output is:
*** Signal 4
I've never had these problems with QT before and I've been using KDE
for 4 years! Already tried googling but to no avail. Any help would be
greatly appreciated. Thankies!

Signal 4 means illegal instruction.

It's possible that you are trying to compile for an architecture that your current CPU can't handle, or there's a bug in the compiler, however (most likely), you've got a hardware problem involving bad memory or the like, and a session with memtest86 would probably be a good idea as a sanity check...

--
-Chuck