Derek,

Actually my domain is a subdomain (e.g. mysubdomain.domain.com), and
obviously the domain server for domain.com points correctly to my
site.
What I want to have (mostly for the sake of configuring DNS) is
something like www.mysubdomain.domain.com, and
ftp.mysubdomain.domain.com.

Can my second BSD machine be the secondary DNS?

When you say set it up correctly on the router, you mean forwarding
the requests from port 53 to the BSD machine, running BIND? Or there
are extra steps that I need to take?

Thanks a lot.
Michael