Walt Haynes wrote:
        I'm having a tough time creating the two 6.1-release
installation CD's. I was told that it was best to go to

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/ISO-IMAGES/6.1/

and download the 6.1 RELEASE disc1 and disc2 ISO images in Windows, and use your favorite toaster to rip CDs. (My CD 'toaster' is Nero OEM
6.6.0.13.)
Then boot from disc1 to install. When I attempt to do this, it's like
the CD is either empty or unreadable. I'd love to know what I'm doing
wrong. I've tried this 4 times now and it's a bit frustrating. I have
the .ISO files in my recycle bin. Is there a way for me to convert them
to CD images from which I can boot my Windows XP system and install
FreeBSD in my available 20 GB primary partition?

Yes. In Nero, select the 'Copy and Backup' function, and then, in the choices (icons) that this brings up, select 'Burn Image to Disk'.

Then, you will have to change 'File Types' to 'Image Files' to browse for the *.iso image, because Nero defaults to 'Nero native' image files.

--
-wittig http://www.robertwittig.com/
.       http://robertwittig.net/