On Jul 9, 2006, at 4:12 PM, Darrin Chandler wrote:

On Sun, Jul 09, 2006 at 03:38:33PM -0400, Elijah Savage wrote:

Well thank you for the reply but it was the network card. I am not
sure if I should take it back or not. It is a brand new network D
Link GigE card realtek chipset RTL8169. This was such strange
behavior, I could get out from the machine but could not get into it
across the network. I just replaced it with a Intel 100mb fxp0 and
everything works now. Sort of sucks my server will be runnning at
100mb and every other client at GigE.

I made sure my card was on the list so it could be bad I suppose.

If you want to investigate it might be worth it. Check ifconfig output
and compare to other cards of the same make. Check duplex settings, etc.
Swap cards and see if problems follow the card or stay with the
machine...

Glad you found the problem, anyway.

Yeah I checked all that and it was good I even moved it to a different switch port. I put this card in my suse 10 machine and had no problems with it so I am surely at a lost now. I will just get an intel GigE card probably give will me better performance anyway.