I am running x.org 6.9 and when I hit a lock key (caps, scroll, etc),
X.org sucks almost all of my CPU for about a second. This doesn't
always happen, but it usually happens, and I've yet to isolate it to
haing any particular application open, It might be due to the number
of applications open, I've not verified yet. It happens in the KDE and
Gnome desktop managers. It happens in the Firefox, OpenOffice, Konsole
and XMMS applications (really 90% of what I do in FreeBSD is on or
through these).

Anyone know what might be causing this? Anyone have an idea on where
to look further?