On Monday 10 July 2006 14:42, Warren Liddell wrote:
> im Running FreeBSD 6.1-STABLE and the last week or more i have had problems
> trying to upgrade this port .. below is the full work up fo trying to
> install the package manually from the ports.  Any assistance into whats
> happening would be appreciated.

Building php5-pcre-5.1.4 goes smoothly for me.  Sounds like your build
environment is mucked up.  I presume you at least did a 'make clean' first,
perhaps 'make distclean' too?  I assume you cvsup'd your ports?

Anyway, you may have better luck installing via package until you can find out
what's going wrong w/ your build procedure.  For example, assuming you
have 'portupgrade' installed:

$sudo portupgrade -NP devel/php5-pcre

Wishes,
Dino

--
Consider the postage stamp: its usefulness consists in
the ability to stick to one thing till it gets there.