> And have it just updates those specific apps, not the whole branch.  I
> realize that I can just download the individual ports I want, and
> install them, without using cvsup, but I like being able to leave it in
> my cron, and have them update automatically, and tell me when there are
> new versions of just the apps I run, not every mail app out there.

doesn't quite solve your problem, but http://www.freshports.org/ has a feature
whereby you send it output from pkg_info and it emails you daily letting you
know when the port has been updated. (you still have to manually download the
port, or update your tree)

 -randall

--
        :// randall s. ehren         :// voice 805.893.5632
        :// systems administrator    :// isber|survey|avss.ucsb.edu