On Tue, 11 Jul 2006, Nagy László Zsolt wrote:

Thank you for your responses!

I tried to install cyrus-imapd, courier-imapd and dovecot, in this order. :-)
Dovecot has my preference. I could install it in a few minutes, and it was very easy to configure. At least it is easier than courier, for me. :-)

One thing to note here, and I've never looked into dovecot, so maybe its similar, but cyrus-imapd is a black-box mail spool ... mailbox != password entry, and the mail spool is *only* accessible through imap/pop3, no "local mail" ... it was designed to handle systems where needing >65536 mailboxes was a requirement, as well as security ...

----